We are stoked to present the new Dirty Habits Clothing Range just in time for summer. The new threads will keep you looking Fresh this summer with unique artist collections and boardriders range. If you feel happy with your 2 feet on a board.. and you wanna join the crew.. you need to get in this gear now.
Heading to the beach based on wind forecasts is like going on a blind date. You never know what you’re gonna get. Head out based on a real-time wind feed and you’re sure to be blown away!
Welcome to Windhunters Beta
The wait is over
After months of hard work, research and lots of late nights Windhunters Beta is ready. Windhunters provides real time wind conditions as measured by weather stations at thirteen of the best kiting spots in the Western Cape. Head over to www.windhunters.com and login using your Facebook account. Please bear in mind that this is a beta so there might be a couple of rough spots that we need your help ironing out. If you have any suggestions, find a bug, or just need somebody to talk to, send the boys an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscription will be free during the beta peroid, thereafter, a monthly or yearly subscription fee will apply. This means you have time to test our site without having to commit to a subscription.
WIN A ONE OF 3, ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTIONS TO WINDHUNTERS
Winners will be announced on Friday 21 Dec.
Know which wind directions work
On-shore, off-shore, cross-on… Confused yet? We don’t blame you. The wind-compass includes a simple indicator showing which wind directions are good for each spot.
Windhunters Spot List
Thirteen spots across the Western Cape:
With stations at thirteen of the best kiting spots in the Western Cape there’s little chance you’d be dressed up with nowhere to go.
Currently we support the following spots:
Lagoon Beach Rivermouth
Spots in the pipeline:
Thanks to Stephen and Eugene for the time and work they have put into setting this system up. Cape Town surfers, kites, paragliders, sailors and beach users couldn’t ask for a better service than what Windhunters has to offer.
Thanks boys, We’re Stoked
Forest Bakker just released his latest video Drop It”. not only does he throw down hard in this video, but he also produced and edited the video to. Forest is recovering from knee surgery from a injury he got while filming for this vid. so go to riders match and give the boy a vote. ridersmatch.com/match-details.php?match=92&video=1567
Sit back and enjoy some sexy action with some of Forest latest moves before his knee Injury.
Images are filmed in April 2012, the day Forest got his knee injury, in fact you can see the crash in the video.
VOTE FOR VIDEO HERE: ridersmatch.com/match-details.php?match=92&video=1567
Tune: Travis Porter – Ayy Ladies ft. Tyga
Camera: Alvaro Onieva, Marvin Saint-Requier & Forest Bakker
Editor and Producer: Forest Bakker.
© LightBros Productions of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LightBros
Here are some things to compare when selecting an instructor or school. Not all instruction is equal; it is in your interest to find the best training available. Bottom line, don’t take things for granted, do your homework, and get the most out of your training.
1. Is the instructor certified by a recognized training organization? (PASA , IKO , REAL, BKSA or similar)
2. How long has he/she been professionally teaching kiteboarding?
3. What is the instructor-to-student ratio?
4. What are his lesson plans, anticipated skill progression and time requirements for you, considering your related experience, physical condition and predicted wind/conditions?
5. Is training self-sufficient kiteboarders a primary goal?
6. Is the training area suffi ciently large, uncrowded and away from hard objects?
7. Does he have liability insurance? Is the business registered?
8. Does he use a chase watercraft (boat, jetski, kayak) and radio communications?
9. Try to schedule your lessons when conditions are appropriate for learning: 12 to 18 knots, side to side-onshore.
10. Do you communicate well and comfortably with the instructor?
11. Watch a class. What did they accomplish? Did it appear well organized and effective? What do the students think about the experience?
12. Has the instructor dealt with student injuries? If so, what are his emergency procedures?
13. Is new, well-maintained equipment used with current safety systems along with helmets and impact vests?
14. Can he offer any discounts on the purchase of kiteboarding gear?
15. Is he affiliated with the local kiteboarding association?
16. Cost is an important consideration but not the most important consideration. Effective instruction can save you a lot of time, frustration and possibly injury or damaged equipment.
|OCEAN2AIR||Email : email@example.com
Web : www.ocean2air.co.za
Tel : +27 31 562 8886
Cell : +27 82 888 0904
| 5 Forest Drive La Lucia,
Durban, South Africa
Shop: +27 (0) 31 568 2644
School: +27 (0) 82 572 4163
| Shop 1, Umdloti Centre,
South Beach Road,
|Surfers Kite & Surf Centr||GPS: 29°31’36.32″S – 31°12’04.60″E
Phone: +27 (0)32 946 0018
| Shop 23, Lifestyle Centre
Douglas Crowe Drive
||PHONE: +27 21 557 0740
FAX: +27 21 557 0740
|Cape Doctor, 64a Blaauwberg Road, Table View, 7441|
BEST KITEBOARDING AFRICA
|Shop 1 Portico Building
cnr Athens Rd & Marine Drive
Tableview, Cape Town
||PHONE: +27 (0) 21 556 7679
Table View, Cape Town
|CAPE SPORTS CENTER||
||GPS: S 33 04′ 55.42, E18 01′ 55.16
Tel: +27 22 772 1114
|98 Main Street,
||Tel: +27 21 5560044,
Mobile: 082 465 6696
13 Bayside Mall, Table View,
Cape Town, South Africa,
|LIQUID FORCE CAPE TOWN||
Phone: +27 21 5568172
|Shop 4, Blouberg Mall
Cnr Blouberg Rd at Marina Dr
7441 Cape Town, South Africa
||Tel : +27 021 802 3934
Fax: 086 651 4304
19 Blaauwberg Rd
|Atlantic Surf co||
||Tel: +27 (0)21 557 4532
Shop 3, Cheetah Centre
Coral Road, Tableview
||EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
PHONE: +27 21 554 1729
|Shop 53a, Eden On The Bay Shopping Center, Big Bay, Corner of Sir Baird & Otto Du Plessis, Bloubergstrand, Cape Town|
Tel: 021 556 3305
|Unit 6 14 Beach Blvd